Pages

Twi-Night!

Monday, March 28, 2011

My friend Karen was made to host parties! Our friend Beth suggested that several of us get together and watch the three Twilight movies and Karen volunteered to host it for us! They have an amazing movie theatre in their basement with leather recliners so we knew it would be a comfy evening. Everyone was bringing delectable snacks. The only night that worked for everyone was a Tuesday evening starting at 6pm. We all geared up for a late night! When we got there, Karen had decorated the bar with jewels, Eclipse plates and napkins. She had tattoos for us, and glowing engagement rings. It was AWESOME!


The food was AMAZING! We had beer bread, dips, potato skins, pepper jellied cream cheese, mini meatballs, Karen made amazing "blood" red velvet cupcakes, and I made hand pies--which were individual hand held pies in the shape of hearts--they were cherry and raspberry for blood, and apple because April likes apple :) Everything was delectable! We laughed and had a great time through the first two movies. You would think that would have been enough to get us through the night. Sadly, half the girls left as the third movie was starting, and two of us left (well Ashley was riding with me otherwise she probably would have stayed) at 12:30 because I didn't want to die in a sleepy, fiery crash on the way home. Only Leslie (who was 6 months pregnant and has 4 year old twins and a 2 year old boy) and Karen made it to the end. Karen, it was a fabulous party--but I am just too darn old to stay up that late and function at work the next day. I fell asleep by 1:45 and had to be up at 6:00.

Ashley spent the night at our house because we work together--she slept in Liam's bed and he slept with us. In the morning she offered to help me with my makeup because I am makeup-illy challeneged. Apparently it didn't help. A co-worker asked if I was feeling ok, because I didn't look so good! It was totally worth it! It was a wonderful night that managed to make me feel young and old all at the same time!

you can see Karen's tattoo and April's ring is glowing. I am in sweats because I am planning for a long evening--don't tell Bill--he says we don't wear sweats...

Look at all that yummy food!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good time and the food looks so yummy. Next time try a cooler trilogy though. Star Wars has it own cook book. Just saying way way cooler. Or watch the Underworld trilogy way better vampire triolgy--

Jenna said...

Looks like fun to me. Team Jacob all the way. Whoever wants their men to sparkle has issues... Just saying...

Baba HooHoo said...

Wish I was there...sounds fun and yummy!