Pages

Lies the Weatherman Told Us

Monday, November 12, 2012

Friday afternoon Jenna and I were trying to figure out what we should do on Saturday. The menfolk were going to be working on my kitchen and Jenna offered up her house again. I suggested we do something else as opposed to terrorize her house. I suggested a bouncy house place that I had free passes to or we also have a membership to the zoo and can bring guests for free. Jenna checked the weather Saturday morning and it said zero percent chance of rain. Zero percent. Zilch. That means there is no chance it will rain. We decided the zoo would be perfect!

It was a great temperature and sunny. The kids were super excited. We decided to see the dolphin show because it's not very expensive and all of our kids are fascinated by dolphins since seeing Winter the dolphin in Florida. Jenna and I each brought a stroller for our Bubba's. They aren't the best listeners, as 3 year olds rarely are. We pushed them around the zoo, letting them climb on all the picture taking attractions. We took pictures like this

and this


and this


Then we made our way to the dolphin show. You can't bring strollers in there, so we parked them outside. We were having a lovely day and snapped pictures like this
Noah's very excited to see the dolphins!
 And even snapped a blurry picture like this


Then I heard thunder. I looked out the window and saw a huge downpour. After the dolphin show our strollers were soaked. The Bubba's could no longer ride in them. So the rest of the afternoon was spent dodging raindrops and herding children. At one point I even said that I felt like a sheep dog the way we were working together to herd the stray Bubba back to the group. It was exhausting. I felt like I was constantly counting heads-- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Thus, the end of the pictures. And I am rather annoyed with Mr. Weatherman. The forecast could not have been farther from the truth. It said ZERO. ZERO.  I am over it now. Mostly. I have a functioning kitchen and I love my sister. I wouldn't want to spend a rainy day at the zoo with anyone else. The end.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a mostly great day. The kitchen is progressing nicely. Love Mom PS great photos

Anonymous said...

Stupid weatherman. Was his name Johnny Storm? I am glad you made the best out the situation. Great pics--Bill

Unknown said...

I love the zoo, but I find it always a bit of an exhausting outing (even without the rain). Hopefully it wore the kids out too!