Pages

Day 2 Soldiers!

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Today I got to accomplish both of my Advent goals! Our activity was very simple, but it was also very sweet. It needed to be a relativly quick activity because I wasn't going to be home--I am taking an exercise class at the Park District (hence avoiding the dreaded holiday weight gain!) and it is in the evening. So we thought it would be a great opportunity for the kids to make cards for soldiers. Here is the website where I got the address to mail the cards. It worked out perfectly--the cards should make it to Maryland just in time for the deadline. We did this last year--and I love it because it teaches our kids about the men and women that make sacrifices daily for our country.

When I got home from my class the kids were very excited to show me their cards and Bill forgot to take pictures during, so I took some when I got home. You will never be able to tell which child of mine is the biggest ham...



Anyway, yay for simple and sane activities! (and burning some calories!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice thing to do! Go Mama
Love, HOOHOO

Anonymous said...

2 day of advent and still no crying! From me or the kids. Brendan is the biggest ham no question.--Bill