Pages

My birthday dinner

Friday, May 15, 2009

I have finally recovered from my birthday dinner and I wanted to share it a bit with you. We went to a Brazilian steakhouse for my first of TWO (not four) birthday dinners :) While I enjoy steak as much as the next person--the true joy I get for going there is watching Bill eat as much meat as he can. It was one of those places where the gauchos/waiters walk around with swords full of meat and carve it off on to your plate. It's all you can eat. This is how we looked when we got there.


This is one satisfied customer

Note the lack of anything besides meat on his plate. He doesn't believe in wasting the stomach room. After dinner we were supposed to go to a movie, but this is how we felt
So, instead we went home and laid on the couch and moaned...

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You're so funny. I also love that the people in the background of the "after" picture are looking over amusedly at you, like "look at that cute couple on a date, taking pictures of themselves" :) Heehee
Great story!

Anonymous said...

too funny! Bill and his meat...

Anonymous said...

I make it my goal for those kinds of place to lose money on me. The way I felt after that meal, I won for sure!! Hope you had a wonderful B-day.--Bill

Anonymous said...

Tell about the 3 bacon sandwiches!!Love, MOM

Karen Joy said...

Haha!!! That's hilarious. Does Bill have a family history of heart issues? Because if he doesn't, he may start the trend! Seriously, that guys needs to start eating veggies! I always nag Dan, because sooner or later, our kids are going to look at him not eating vegetables at dinner and use that as an excuse to not eat theirs!!! Men! :oD