Pages

My new niece

Friday, May 1, 2009


Baby Juliana has arrived. She is my brand new niece. My sister went into the hospital after her water broke and some 18 or so hours later, Juliana Rose arrived. She was 6lbs 15 oz. Jenna bravely delivered her after getting an epidural that didn't work. So, essentially she did it without drugs! I can't imagine doing that. Jenna was kind enough to let us come see her the night she was born, even though she was exhausted. I don't know if I've ever held a baby that small before, but she was beautiful! And so alert! I can't wait to see what kind of girl she will be--will she be girly like her Auntie Jaime, or will she be a tomboy like her mommy. Fortunately I have Rori to help sway her to the girly side :)


I do ask that you keep Juliana and my sister and her family in your prayers. Juliana was born with three holes in her heart--two of which are expected to close, but the third will need to be monitored. It's already stressful having a newborn, but adding additional worries make it extra exhausting. To read about her birth and stay updated on her heart, check out my sister's blog

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo of a special baby. Love MOM

Anna said...

What a sweet niece and how fun it will be for Juliana to have you for an aunt.:) So happy for your family....we'll most definitely keep Juliana in our prayers.

Jenna said...

how come you take such good pictures?

Heidi said...

She is a beautiful little girl!! I am praying that God will strengthen her tiny heart.