Pages

Boys and their Mamas

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I've decided that boys just really love their mama's. So much so, in fact, that they will stay inside their mama's so that they can have them all to themselves. When I was pregnant with Rori, the doctor shocked me at 38 weeks and said he wanted to schedule an induction because he felt at that point she was safer outside than in (I think he feared something happening because of what happened with Faith and wanted to make sure that we got our healthy baby). Anyway, we scheduled an induction for just past 39 weeks. Bill and I were super excited and planned out our last week or so. Well, 5 days before my induction date, my water broke. We were shocked and excited. Apparently Rori was as ready to meet us as we were to meet her.



Moving on to Liam. I hoped he would come early as well, especially because the last few weeks of pregnancy aren't so fun. The last month or so everytime I got checked I was another centimeter dilated. Then I would have contractions at night and we'd call my mom and Bill's mom and tell them to be on alert! It could be tonight. Then I'd lay down and fall asleep and nothing would happen. Finally I was 4 centimeters and we scheduled an induction. Fortunately he cooperated, but frankly, I think if we hadn't given him his eviction notice, he'd still be in there.



That brings me to this baby. At 37 weeks I was 3.5 centimeters dilated. The doctor told me not to wait too long to go to the hospital and I probably won't make it to my induction date. He scared me a little because he said that normally he tells people to go to the hospital when contractions are 5 minutes apart, but I should go at 10 minutes apart, because it may happen fast. This is especially scary because I am all about getting my epidural before any serious pain starts :) So...yesterday at work, my contractions were 10 minutes apart for an hour. I left work to pack my bag and shower, and this little boy, much like his brother did, changed his mind. The contractions eased off to about one every 30 minutes. So here I am today. Waiting. and Waiting. and eating--because what else is there to do when you're waiting? I have come to terms that the doctor was wrong and I will probably be serving this baby his eviction notice on October 5th. I guess he just wants to keep his mama all to himself. That's what I know about boys and their mama's.

5 comments:

Anna said...

Maybe he's too comfy...it's so hard to wait for them to make their appearance...can't wait to meet him. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to meet him. Love Baba Hoo Hoo

Anonymous said...

He is just trying to keep us on our toes, keeping our lives full of excitement. Can't wait to meet this little guy.--Papa

Jenna said...

I think it's boys and this momma (meaning you), because Noah arrived 3 weeks early. I do wish baby finnigan would get here so I could meet him already.

Karen Joy said...

I'm laughing and crying at the same time, realizing that this was almost two weeks ago, and this morning we were praying over you and Baby Boy Patrick for a safe delivery tomorrow (on eviction day!). I am still so excited for you and can't wait to hear all the details! Don't be worried or afraid. God is with you, and He made your body to do this! That little boy will be in your arms before you know it! I love you, Jaime, and I can't wait to meet your precious new addition! Big hugs!!!