Pages

Liam's Kindergarten Haircut

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Liam has been asking me to cut his hair all summer. All of his friends have buzz cuts and he wants one too. I just knew he wouldn't look like my Liam anymore so I kept pushing it off. I may have even told him that getting your hair cut hurts... I promised him we would cut his hair before kindergarten. There were a few days where I felt his hair was more "homeless child" than "surfer dude."(not that I surf--the whole idea of being knocked over by a giant wave with a giant board strapped to my ankle sounds terrifying.) So, I knew it was time to at least clean it up a bit.

Kindergarten starts Monday, so yesterday we took him to the only person I would trust--our friend Patrice. She knows me and she knows what level of change I can handle and what level will leave me curled in the fetal position holding blond curls wailing with gnashing of teeth.



Liam was pretty nervous so he sat on my mom's lap while Patrice snipped away. I really think she did a PERFECT job! He still looks like Liam, but more surfer and less homeless. He was happy with it but said next time he wants more cut off. I think I will be ok with doing this gradually...I think...next time there may be wailing and gnashing of teeth...

I am not sure what's going on with his face, but this is the only picture I had of the final cut at Patrice's

This is him today--see, he still looks like himself, but less disheveled :) Thank you Patrice! (Note: he and Stanley have matching Superman shirts on!--Stanley is Aunt Nicki and Uncle Nicholas' dog) 

3 comments:

Baba HooHoo said...

Hes adorable...dibbs on the 2nd curl to go!

Jenna said...

Aww he looks cute! I volunteer to do the buzz cut
:-)

Anonymous said...

Not ready for him to get his hair cut off yet. He will always be my wild blonde hair boy!!!--Papa