Pages

Eight Years Ago

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Eight years ago today, I married my Bill and there has not been a day that has gone by that I have regretted it--not even for a second. When Bill and I first met, I had no idea that we would someday become one. He was a nice guy, but I was in college 4 hours away and he had a "15 minute rule." Which meant he wasn't willing to drive more than 15 minutes for a girl. Ha! I changed that, and in the process of changing that, I fell in love.

I am not meaning to brag, but I think what Bill and I have is pretty special and fairly uncommon. We WANT to be together. I would rather spend time with Bill than anyone else, and I like to think he feels the same way. We spend our evenings together after the kids go to bed. I will sit with him while he watches sports and he'll sit with me while I watch The Hills :) I am so blessed to have found someone that I know is truly in love with me, although I often ask him why. He loves me in spite of all of my flaws and I think, partly because of them. And I love him in spite of his one or two flaws--can't think of any right now...except for maybe waiting for my stove to become level for 8 years now...

Bill has been my rock through the difficult times we have gone through. We've gone through lay-offs, the loss of a baby, the death of our dog, the deaths of grandparents, and yet not once have I thought my life would be easier without Bill. Frankly, it's easier because of Bill. He has given me two, soon to be three beautiful children on earth and one waiting for us all in Heaven. I am so thankful for you, Bill. Thank you for the last 8 years and I am so glad that I know that when we made this covenant to each other, before God, it was forever, til death do us part. I am so thankful that He brought us together.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Sob, sob.....you made me cry! Happy Anniversary you two love birds!

Anonymous said...

I am the lucky one. I love you with all my heart and there is no one I would rather spend all my years with. So thank you for eight wonderful years and my God bless us with 50 plus more wonderful years!!--Bill

Anonymous said...

Our family is blessed to have Bill as your husband. Love MOM