Pages

Liam's "jar of clay"

Monday, June 29, 2009



2 Corinthians 4:7 - But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show us that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.

As I have mentioned several times before, Liam loves his Cars cars. He carries them to bed and for naps, and sometimes in the car in this grey giftbag. He has taken to sleeping with the bag as well. Bill and I decided to try and find a Cars lunchbag that he can keep them in, because his giftbag has needed multiple repairs with duct tape. We scrounged through some boxes of gifts we had received when he was an infant and found a Cars lunchbox. Jackpot! We figured he would love his new carrying case for his cars. Nope. He has completely ignored it--and even gotten angry if we suggest putting his cars in it instead of his grey bag.




I know it's a stretch, but it just made me think that his grey bag is a "jar of clay" that he carries around his treasures. It doesn't matter what the packaging looks like, it's the inside that is the real treasure. My earthly vessel isn't looking so pretty these days--all big and bloaty :), but I have the treasure of a baby growing inside me, and most importantly the Holy Spirit. So, I guess we will continue to duct tape Liam's precious bag until it completely falls apart...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is toooo cute that boy. I could use some duct tape for me too. Love MOM

Anna said...

Quick -- find another grey gift bag and run over it in the car a few times -- think he'll know the difference?:) Probably..... What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

awww that nephew of mine is a creature of habit! He must get that from his auntie.

Anonymous said...

What can you say kids like what they like. Also my wife, you are no clay jar. While you do have something precious inside you are beautiful mink vase on the outside--Bill

Anonymous said...

So Bill, does that mean she is hairy? Vicki

Madison Sanders said...

Loved this post!