Pages

My blog title has just taken on a whole new meaning!

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I don't think that I ever shared much about my pregnancies. With Faith, we got pregnant fairly easily. It took a few months, but not terribly long. With Rori we were having what seemed like a difficult time. We had tests done, and eventually the doctor found that I had uterine polyps. He figured those probably caused our problems during my pregnancy with Faith. He also told us that we wouldn't be able to get pregnant without removing them. So, I had minor surgery. The next month we got pregnant with Rori. The whole thing took about 7 months.

With Liam, we used ovulation predictors and I took my temperature (we also did this with Rori). I was worried that I had polyps again so I went into the doctor. He did the special ultrasound to check and said it looked a bit like I might. I had the surgery again and he said it didn't seem to have been polyps on the ultrasound, just some lining. I was disappointed because we hadn't found a reason that we weren't pregnant. The doctor was considering putting me on Clomid, but then we got pregnant. That whole thing took about 9 months.

I know those weren't truly long times compared to what other people have gone through, but we did everything right every month along with some other home remedies that I had read about. This brings me to the point of this post. When I was done nursing Liam, I went on a regular birth control pill. I was having spotting each month and I was feeling depressed and not myself. I went into the doctor after about 4 months and got a new pill. He told me to give it about 3 months. I think it was the fourth month, the middle to end of November, and I was once again having spotting. My moods weren't any better, so after talking with Bill, I decided to quit in the middle of the month and call the doctor. Well, they told me that I was due to come in at the end of January and insurance wouldn't cover my yearly appointment before it had been a year. We figured we could wait the two months and go just once to the doctor. We figured we didn't need to take precautions because we worked so hard to get pregnant before, that there was no way we would get pregnant in two months.

Do you remember a while back, Bill and I were trying to decide whether we wanted to add to our family? Also, in my 2009 post I mentioned that it would be a year of waiting and that I was seeking God's will to be done in my life? Well, surprise--we are pregnant! Completely unplanned for us, but not unplanned for God. And in all honesty, if I wasn't a believer, I would be scared to death. We have so much to figure out, but we know that God is in control and He planned this baby, and He will take care of us.

You may wonder why I am sharing this already since I am only 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. Well, my dear husband is completely over the moon and fortunately his excitement is infectious. He told me that my blog is supposed to be about my life and even if God decides to end this pregnancy with a miscarriage, it's still a part of my life that I would want to document. And I want to share it with you so that you would keep me in your prayers. I had blood work done yesterday because of my history and because I've had some spotting already and they prescribed me progesterone because my level was a tad low. I had this with Liam and it made me pretty sick, so please don't abandon me if my posts become less frequent. I am excited to bring you on this journey with us. God truly has created a miracle and I feel so blessed that He chose to answer our questions about if we should have another baby :) It truly is More Than I'd Hoped For!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet Baby #3...We will have 5 Grandchildren for our Christmas photo. We couldn't be happier. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Do I get to name this one? Louis Pinella Patrick
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Bills' excitement encouraged you to post. This is what life is all about -figuring out what and how the plan works in our lives. Its crazy and exciting all at the same time. Congrats girlfriend! I can't wait to walk the journey with you.

Anna said...

Congrats Jaime & Bill! Surprise!!!! We are so excited for you and we continue to pray for you daily! I can't wait to meet Baby Patrick and I'm thinking you should not let your dad have anything to do with naming him/her.;)

Anonymous said...

Jaime, I am so excited. This will be another wonderful adventure for us to take together! Also Grandpa Whoo-Whoo has no naming rights!!! Why would we name our child after a team that is a bunch of losers! Maybe Ozzie Gullien Patrick after a World Series Winning team, or Comiskey Jenks Patrick.--Bill

Jenna said...

It will be nice for both of my kids to have cousins close in age :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW! This was a surprise! Isn't that so wonderful that God has blessed you with a new life inside of you and surprised you with it? He obviously felt that you needed another baby in your life and answered that question for you. Congratulations. We will be praying for a healthy pregnancy.

Identity Swap said...

Jaime, as I mentioned earlier, I am soooooo excited for you and Bill. May the Lord continue to bless, nurture, and grow this new life within you and, may the Lord continue to give you and Bill excitement, peace, and strength in this new journey! :) Sarah <><<

Unknown said...

Oh YAY! What exciting news! Keep your blogger friends up on how you're doing okay? Take care of yourself. :) I'm praising God with you.
Love,
Lynnette

Anonymous said...

Well my goodness! Congrats and what a surprise to here a new one is on the way. I have to admit baba who who wrote me at work today with the news! I hope you don't get sick like you did with Liam. Five grand babies, and all we have is a big dog. oh well, god is in control. ttfn dori