Pages

It's for real!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I've been spotting off and on even before I knew I was pregnant (that was a sign that I guessed I was). So, finally I called the doctor and they got me in yesterday for what they called a "viability ultrasound." I was fairly anxious going in. I know that God is in control, but there is always this teeny tiny hope that I can control things, just a little bit. To add to the stress a bit, I had to bring Rori and Liam with. I talked to Rori about the doctor needing to look in mama's tummy and she needed to sit real nice with Liam on the chair while the doctor did it. She was a perfect angel. The boy, on the other hand, as soon as the doctor turned the lights off, started to wail. I have to give him credit that he stayed on the chair with his sister, but frankly I think I only heard about 70% of what the doctor was saying, but all I cared about was that I saw the heartbeat! The doctor seemed rushed (that's what I will call it instead of saying he was annoyed at the poor 20 month old little boy that was scared), so fortunately I have an appointment tomorrow where I can ask him specific questions that I have about the spotting. So for now, all looks good! It's all becoming more real to me. But please keep us in your prayers--especially for me for peace, no matter what happens.

PS If you've read the comments under the post where I announced my pregnancy, rest assured that both my father and my husband have lost naming privileges for this baby. Frankly, so has Rori Rose. She keeps asking Jesus for a baby sister (we haven't told her about the baby yet) and she wants to name her Sleeping Beauty. And if by chance Jesus gave her a baby brother--which right now, according to her is not an option because she already has a baby brother--she would name him Prince Phillip.

8 comments:

Anna said...

Whew -- I'm glad that naming privelleges have been taken away from Grandpa. I'm sure Daddy will have some say, huh! Rori is too cute! I hope that you do get a SLEEPING (when she is suppose to) Beauty. We are praying....... and hope to see some pics of Baby Patrick on your blog in the days to come.:)

Anonymous said...

Just remember who named you!! Yep it was daddy.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Be glad she can say Sleeping Beauty, she used to say E Boo...
I am proud of Liam too, sitting there so nice. We will pray you thru this Dolly. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

PS What's wrong with Prince Phillip? I call Liam "Baby Liam" It will be Dr. Baby Liam when he becomes one or whatever it is that he becomes. Love, Baba HooHoo

Anonymous said...

I still hold veto power!!! I also have the power of suggestion. I will whisper Comiskey Jenks to you while you sleep. Which will be happening a lot soon.--Bill

Anonymous said...

Noah would like to throw "Mayer" (mater) or "'Queen" into the mix for names as well. Don't take away grandpa's rights, just papa's we don't need a baby named after the white sox, maybe go with dave- for dave dravecky of the giants if you have to go with a baseball name!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to see that sweet little beating heart. That really makes it very real!! We will continue to pray for you.

ourprecious4 said...

Hey! I just found your comment today. Thanks for stopping by our blog. I will be praying for you!
Michelle