Pages

My no good very bad day!

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My two baby boys (yes, the one in my tummy is a boy!) are working together to make me old and gray before my time. This story is a couple weeks old, but I haven't had a chance to write it out yet :)

So....a few weeks ago, Liam woke up in the morning and I went and got him. I changed his diaper, which was mostly dry, but I changed it anyway. He then proceeded to drink about 8 ounces of milk. All of a sudden I felt wetness on the leg of my pajama shorts. My initial instinct was that Liam had peed on me, but then when I stood up, it was all over the chair as well. My pajama bottoms were wet as was my underwear. So, I yelled for Bill that I thought my water had just broken. I was absolutely terrified because I was only about 21 weeks, and I know that there is pretty much zero chance of survival before 24 weeks. Since I didn't feel more leakage, I was praying that the bag had resealed, which I had heard of happening.

I called the doctor and Bill called his mom to come over and watch the kids while we went to the hospital. We were both basket cases. The people at the hospital were wonderful. Once we got checked in and saw the doctor--which took about 45 minutes, they did some tests to see if my water had in fact broken. They all came back negative--thank you Jesus! They then did an ultrasound and everything looked good. The whole thing took about 3 hours. Bill and I were emotionally spent!

I explained to the doctor what happened with Liam on my lap and I am pretty sure that she thinks that I just wet myself and was blaming my son. However, she was incredibly nice about the whole situation because of my history with Faith. She told us we did the right thing by coming in and was super gracious. But I can assure you, that I did not wet myself--it was all my boy. When we got home we felt his pajamas, which we hadn't thoroughly felt, in the moment of panic that we had, and they were soaked as well. Apparently I need diapering lessons because I am sure that pretty much all of his pee leaked out onto himself, me and the chair.

So, here I am--with a baby, happy and safe, still in my tummy--but with a few gray hairs.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I'm so glad that story makes us laugh!

Anonymous said...

What a start to that morning!*!!!
Love MOM Sure was glad baby Boy is okay.

Rhonda said...

Found you from Bring the Rain. LOVE Franscine Rivers books myself. The Mark of the Lion series is the best! Will be parying for your baby & your family:)