Pages

Harvest

Wednesday, July 1, 2009



It is a tough time for everyone, economically speaking. The company I work for just recently laid off a third of the workforce. I only work two days a week, but I worry that I may be next. I have been thinking of different ways to help feed my family. Fortunately, as you may remember, Bill built me a vegetable garden for my birthday, in which I planted several different varieties of vegetables and fruits. So, I'm thinking that if I lose my job, we can survive off the fruits of my labor :)
The farm by my parents house lost their whole crop of green beans from the rain and cold, but I grew 5 beans! Obviously, I'm a natural ;)
I know I said I grew 5 green beans, but Rori dropped one somewhere in the yard--but I did also grow a strawberry. I should be able to feed my family off of this for a while, don't you think? Fortunately we only have to split the strawberry 3 ways since Bill doesn't eat them :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your harvest is beautiful Jaime...ah yes, I remember my first cauliflower...it was beautiful too. Love MOM

Anna said...

Yum...what a tasty dinner! You go, Farmer! Maybe you'll get a tractor next bday -- could I borrow it?:)

Anonymous said...

I remember growing my first beans... Maybe you could follow in your sisters footsteps and sub 2 days a week if worse comes to worse and send Rori out to find bean number 5.