Pages

Happy Birthday Rori Rose

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My little girl is four years old today. I don't know where the time has gone.

I remember when we found out we were having you. Your papa and I were so very excited. Then, when we found out you were a girl, we were so happy. We knew we were naming you Victoria Rose. We named you after your Baba Hoo Hoo because of how she took care of me after we lost your big sister. The very first second that I saw you, I understood what it meant to have my heart walking around outside my body. When you were a newborn, I would wake up just to check on you and make sure you were ok. Papa and I didn't watch tv or read the paper, or hear any news for weeks after you were born. We just wanted to hold you and stare at you--we called it Rori TV.
You are everything I imagined you would be. I love that you are a girly girl. You have loved barbie's since you were two years old and found my old barbies. You share my love for all things princess--especially Disney Princesses. You would rather wear a dress everyday than anything else. You love to twirl and swish in your dresses.
Your spirit is so sweet and loving. When I look at your sweet face, my heart just swells with love for you and feels like it might burst. You love to play Barbie's and princesses with mama and you love to play tickle and wrestle and hide and seek with papa. You are so excited about your new baby brother; you lift up my shirt and kiss my tummy, and talk to and tickle him. You are planning to help take care of him. You told me that I can change the poopy diapers and you will do the pee pee ones. You're just too smart.
I can't wait to see the woman that you are going to become, but I also wish that you could stay my little girl forever. Time is going by much too fast for my liking. I love you so much, my baby girl. Don't ever forget that.
Love,
Mama

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my Baby Girl, You are so right, time is fleeting. It is such an honor that you used my name. I can't tell you how much it means to me to be involved in Rori Rose's life. She is a gift from God, just like the Bible said. I am so happy to have a quiver full of Grandchildren. I never thought I would be so blessed. Happy Birthday my RoriRose. Grandma's heart is bursting still. Love, Baba HooHoo.

Anonymous said...

Happy Brithday day my sweet little girl. You, your brother (soon to be brothers) and your mother are my world I would do anything for you. I know that you are going to grow to be a very special women, but if you want to slow down I wouldn't mind. Hope you had wonderful 4th brithday day--Love Papa

Anna said...

Happy Birthday, Rori! What did you get for your birthday? Did you have fun? Did you have a good cake? Can't wait to see you again.

Love,
McKenna