Pages

You did what to your garden?

Friday, July 10, 2009


I forked it, yep, that's right, I forked my own garden. I know that kids often fork yards to prank people, and I never really expected to do it myself. However, the "cat man" left us no choice. Some of you know that we have the privilege of living 2 doors down from our very own cat man. He is a 50ish single man that has taken it upon himself to feed and house the wild cats in the area. And it's a complete nuisance. Everyone knows that I like cats--we have two, but they are indoor cats and they don't do their business on other people's lawns. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the cat man's cats.




We have been battling these animals for about three years now. I was really sent over the edge when I found cat feces in my vegetable garden on three different occasions. We have tried "critter ridder" sprinkles, orange peels, pepper, cedar mulch, and nothing has kept them from coming in our yard and garden area--except moth balls, but I think we may have lost a few brain cells ourselves from breathing the smell, so I won't be trying that again. Anyway, I had the brilliant idea of forking the vegetable garden so the cats will get a fork up their behind if they try and squat in there. So far so good.... Do you think it would be incredibly tacky if we forked our entire yard????

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Nice, Jaimers. And I like how they are dark forks so the cats won't see them in the dark!

Anonymous said...

I think a good forking is good for wild cats! Sure hope it works. I think it will. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

Hopefully one fork up the bum and the cats will learn their lesson--Bill

Anna said...

Are they forks or sporks? Ha!:)

Karen Joy said...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! That's GREAT! Love it. Hope it continues to work for you! :oD