Pages

Easter Saturday

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

We had Easter at our house with my family on Saturday. We did Saturday because my sister's husband had to go out of town on Easter Sunday. I have always dreamed of being a good hostess. My vision is making the perfect ham, with delicious sides, a lovely tablescape, and me, perfectly pleasant and polished. This is the way it went...a large ham--so large I could barely fit anything else in the oven and get the door shut. Cranky words were said. I sent Bill out at the last minute to buy chinet plates because I decided I didn't want to do dishes after. The kitchen was 80 degrees which made me crabby and not a pleasant hostess. I had one child (Liam) pulling on my leg crying and whining, another one (Brendan) pooping on his clothes, and Bill in the background saying "hey look at me, pay attention to me!" He was also asking me to make Brendan's cereal. Martha Stew.art I am not. How do people manage to have everything ready at the same time, table set, drinks poured, and guests happy? We are not a well oiled machine at my house! Fortunately my family all understands and are similar. At least we could all rejoice in the fact that He is Risen!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Jaimers, it was a good feast. But you were right about Bill being "look at me!" ha ha

Anna said...

I'm sure it was wonderful! Are you still eating ham? Did you wear your apron?

Baba HooHoo said...

He is risen indeed! Everything was great...did miss the apron though!

Anonymous said...

You are a great host and it was a fine feast. I just want to point out that I called to get the ten pound ham approved by you. I also never said the words look at me.--Bill