Pages

Happy early birthday Bill!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

There's a good chance that my dear hubby won't get a heartfelt birthday post this year (someone else's first birthday is at the same time), and he is hitting a milestone birthday, so I wanted to take some time before his brithday to tell him how much I appreciate him. I also figure that if I post early, I can pretend he's 35 already and heckle him a bit earlier than planned ;)

I am one of the most blessed people on the planet, and I don't tell Bill enough. That's partly because he knows that I know that I'm blessed, but also because I don't want him to get a big head :) Recently he's done some extra sweet things. He plays basketball every Thursday. Last Thursday was the opening day for football, or something like that, and the guys decided to watch the game instead of playing basketball. Bill chose to skip going and stay home with me. I didn't ask him to; he just decided to do it because he said he missed me. It really meant a lot to me.

Sunday, he took us to Disney Princesses on Ice. I know that most other husbands would have said no way--it was the opening game for the Bears and most men would have stayed home to watch that. He didn't even grumble about it. (ok he pointed it out to me, but only because I take him for granted). I know that I just expect him to be willing to do things like that for his family, but I appreciate it very much.

Wednesday night, Liam and Rori were both up throwing-up into the morning. Bill called into work without me even asking him to. He happily did whatever was needed. On Friday night, when Brendan threw up, he rocked him while I took care of Rori and Liam. He volunteered to stay home with Brendan while I took Rori and Liam up by my parents to the farm the kids love to visit in the fall. I really and truly know that a lot of husbands would not have been so helpful. They wouldn't offer to stop at the store for banana's on the way home, they wouldn't rock their babies in the middle of the night, they wouldn't change nasty diapers, and they wouldn't put up with me. So, Bill, I really appreciate all you do for us, and I love you forever!!

5 comments:

Baba HooHoo said...

You're older than Jesus! Happy Birthday #2 who is also #1...I liked you first!

Anonymous said...

35...that's half of 70
Does that mean that Bill is middle aged?
Happy birthday old man.
Jim

Anna said...

Happy Birthday, Bill!!!!! Hope you'll be able to keep up with your 29 year old wife.:0) Glad she has such a wonderful hubby. Have a good one.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the kind words. I love you so very much. I think it very cute that you are worried about my birthday getting lost in the shuffle.--Bill

Jenna said...

Wow, Bill is OLD!