Pages

For my mom, dad, and Anna

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I haven't posted in five weeks! And I have been gently reminded by my mom and Anna, and my mom said even my dad said something. I really don't have an excuse except I have been busy--but who's not?! I am actually reading real books these days--maybe I'll write about them and what I'm learning at some point :) But, going back a few weeks we had the great Snowpocalypse.

The weather reports were all warning us, so I suggested that Bill borrow his parents snow blower since his dad was in Arizona at the time and his mom would be using it. He said he would, but it was in his tone of voice that I know he is blowing me off. So the night the storm started, I went out and started to shovel. We already had several inches and it was supposed to continue through the night. I wasn't a happy camper. When Bill came out to help, I'd been out an hour already. I strongly suggested he get the snow blower. He whined something about having to take seats out of the van to get it in. I even more strongly suggested he get it. So he did. He only had to fold down one seat. The next morning we woke up to this.

He was supremely grateful to have the snowblower. While looking at this, all I wanted to say was, "The pass is open, the pass is open!" I'll give you a quarter if you know what movie that's from!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?

-Leslie

Adriane said...

7 Brides for 7 Brothers!!!! I love that movie!

Anna said...

Happy Monday to us!!!! She's back!;0) Wow! I think you need our snowblower more than us. That's quite the pile of snow. Whew! Glad that's over. C'mon spring! I'm glad you posted again....I've missed "seeing" snippets of what's going on in your life.

Anonymous said...

7 Brides for 7 Brothers, one of my favorites!Love MOM PS We love our men when they listen to us!

Anonymous said...

I love you my dear, Welcome back to the blogoshpere--Bill

Anonymous said...

Do I lose my man card if I say it was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers? Even I knew that.
Love,
Dad

april said...

next movie to watch in the Benson's basement! 7 Brides for 7 Brothers :) YES YES YES!!!