Pages

God turned His back

Friday, April 22, 2011

The other day, I was reading to Rori and Liam, from the Jesus Storybook Bible--if you have kids, get it! We were reading about Jesus dying on the cross because Liam was struggling to understand what a cross was and how someone could die on one. We got to the part where God turns His back on Jesus and the book says, "'Papa?' Jesus cried, frantically searching the sky.'Papa? Where are you? Don't leave me!'" And I could tell that Rori could feel that. She started to cry and asked me why God left Him there on the cross and didn't answer Him. I started to weep. My sweet daughter's sensitivity and fear for Jesus gave me a clearer understanding of the magnitude of the sacrifice that God the Father and God the Son made on that day. For me, sweet Rori. He turned His back on His Son for me and for you.

7 comments:

april said...

Thanks for that! as tears pour down my face............unimaginable for us as human parents the sacrifice our father made for us allowing his own son to take our place!

Baba HooHoo said...

Thank you Jesus for daughters that love their children enough to teach them about you!

Anonymous said...

The most important thing a parent can do is evangelize their children. Thank you for following that path.
love,
Dad

Jenna said...

I love my little niece. What a sweet little girl, and this made me cry.

Anna said...

Beautiful & heart-wrenching all at the same time. Love Rori's tender heart (and her momma's).

Meredith said...

oh so sweet. so true and so tender. love it:)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Sweet Life Garden said...

Hi, thank you for stopping by my site, so happy to meet you! Your blog is simply beautiful! I'll be keeping in touch! Jill