Pages

Jealous?

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Nobody has ever asked me why I married Bill. That's because anyone who has ever met him knows why. God has recently been reminding me that I take him for granted. So I decided to really notice how great he is. Wow--I must be one of the most envied women in the world! I am so thankful that God chose him to be my husband. Meet Bill...


This is him trying on Rori's birthday jewelry--per her request of course :)



3-5 neighbor kids come over on a typical afternoon. I'm pretty sure that Bill, or as the kids call him--either Papa or Rori's dad, is the big attraction. He plays hide and seek with them, pushes them on the swings, and just generally entertains them. I usually run and hide when I hear them ask to come over. This is the best picture I could get, because of course as soon as I got the camera the kids went home.



It's pretty obvious what is going on here. And I take it for granted. Bill's very good at it, and I'm glad!



Bill loves his kids and actively plays with them. (obviously I, myself, grew up with a great and involved father, which is why I didn't know that this type of fatherhood was not the norm--I love you daddy).




Yesterday, I called Bill at work and told him that I was having a dark and lonely day. I was sad from the SCC concert and just generally feeling sad for myself and all the people who have lost a child. Bill came home with those.
You know what he's doing right now--while I'm typing this blog? Folding laundry! So are you all jealous now? Sorry ladies, he's mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked him first! Love MOM

MOPSgirl said...

Yes, we ARE jealous! Keep up the great "work", Bill.