Pages

Cinderella and the Hotel

Sunday, August 16, 2009

A children's theatre in the area was playing Cinderella and my parents asked if Rori might like to go. Hmmm....would Rori like to go see the play "Cinderella?" Um, definitely! My dad thought it might be fun for my mom, Rori, and I to stay at the hotel that was connected to the theatre since the play was in the morning and we live about an hour away. Rori has never stayed in a hotel, so I knew she would love that. I also knew that I wouldn't get any sleep because I was sharing a bed with her and I think I mentioned before that sleeping with her is like sleeping with a violent octopus that takes up three quarters of the bed. My mom offered to let her sleep with her, but I think after the few minutes that Rori spent in her bed, my mom was thankful that she moved back to mine :)

Anyway, when we got to the hotel, Rori was so excited. Cinderella had left a present for her! A new Cinderella doll.
Rori was so excited to be at the hotel. We wandered around it multiple times and even were able to peek into the theatre. We stopped in the hotel gift shop, and I am pretty sure my little girl is 4 going on 15. She was born to shop.
When we were ready for bed Cinderella had left my mom's copy of "Cinderella" on the pillow for Rori to read.



Then, at bedtime, miss Rori Rose turned into a whirling dirvish, she was so excited. She made sure all of our clothes were ready for the morning, she went to the bathroom about 10 times, and talked my mom into giving up her second pillow, because she needed it.


The next morning Rori could hardly wait to get dressed. She had picked out a special dress and chose her Hello Kitty socks and new sparkle shoes. She had begged me to pack my high heels because they are "so beautiful." My feet were begging me to tell her no, but how could I refuse her. I haven't worn heels since the beginning of my pregnancy and wasn't even sure if my ankles would hold me up. Note to mom: wearing high heels at almost 8 months pregnant with unstylish khaki capri pants is equivalent to the lifesize lemon earrings I bought you as a child, so don't even think about having Rori give them to me. Rori told my mom that it was ok that she didn't have pretty shoes too :)


Frankly my shoes were the most stylish part of my outfit--even if I was waddling/hobbling in them. Seriously--feel my pain--and my love for my little girl.


Rori was very excited about the play, but she had her serious face on the whole time. When she is really excited, she tends to get overwhelmed and then very serious. At her birthday, when she opens presents, she barely cracks a smile, even though she may be opening the present she's been dying for, she is very serious the whole time. Afterwards she smiles and plays with it, but in the moment it's almost too much. That's how the play was. She talked about it afterwards and now wants to see Ariel or Sleeping Beauty. Hopefully someone will make those into plays and we can take her :)



It was a weekend to remember. Thank you Baba Hoo Hoo and Grandpa Hoo Hoo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful weekend. Rori was a pleasure and so was Mama and you did look so lovely in those shoes. Love MOM (PS...Hmmm what birthday of yours shall Rori bestow the lemon earrings on.)

Anonymous said...

I glad all of you had a great time. Rori looked like she loved every minute. Thank you Grandpa and Grandma Whoo-Whoo for giving her such a thill--Papa

Anna said...

Ohhhh...the pic of Rori and Baba Hoo Hoo (still haven't heard that story) reading Cinderella is precious. Looks like such a fun time and Rori looks so pretty. I think you should have ended the time with a foot massage, Jaime! Maybe next year you can wear the shoes AND the lemon earrings.;)

Anonymous said...

Rori looks so cute in her dress! What a wonderful time you all must have had. I can't wait to do that with my daughter, Juliet. Thank you for sharing this.

Jenna said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm impressed with you wearing heels. I don't think I could have done that at all during my pregnancy let alone when i'm not pregnant!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful treat!