Pages

Still here....

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I am sitting here on a heating pad because my sciatica is acting up, and frankly I'm exhausted. We've had a lot of fun things going on lately, along with some sickness, and it has all sucked the life out of me. So, my plan is to put up some posts later this week--starting with tomorrow evening. Please check back then :)

But I did want to say Happy Birthday to my Dad! He's been the greatest dad ever. I remember in college, my friends told me how lucky I was because my dad was so great. He switched business territories with someone so he could have Grand Rapids and he would frequently visit me and take me for dinner at Carlos O'Kelly's. We'd go to Meijer for groceries and then hang out at his hotel and watch Nick at Nite on TV :) I have always appreciated that spending quality time with his girls was very important to him. I think it's an unusual thing to have gotten to grow up with.

Well, I'm pooped, so I am going to go to bed--I may have a Klondike bar first :)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Yeah, Daddy is pretty special, I'd say!

Anonymous said...

Dad would be having a Klondike bar with you! I love him so so much too. Love MOM

Anna said...

Glad you're still here.:) Are there pics of the big hotel/Cinderella trip coming soon?