Pages

The big V

Monday, December 7, 2009

This weekend Bill and I realized that we are getting OLD! I hope this post isn't too much information or too personal--if it is, just skip it :) Anyway, we met our small group for brunch this weekend and discovered we are the only couple in the group that hasn't had the big V...vasectomy, that is. And the small group couples aren't the only ones we know who've had it done--other friends have too. I think we have more friends that are all done having kids than are in the child bearing stage. This just makes me feel old! What's next? Talking about our aches and pains and how we can't have coffee after lunch, lest we never fall asleep, or having dinner before 5pm and following it up with a trip to Wal*greens to get my Aqua Net? Oh dear, I just realized that I am watching PBS while I'm typing this...I've got to go now and turn on MTv--but I don't understand today's music and what is with that American Id*ol kid???

5 comments:

Baba HooHoo said...

If you're not getting older, you're dead. It is hard when you realize that time is passing so fast. Just enjoy life while your knees don't hurt and you can eat anything in God's creation you lucky, lucky girl!

Anna said...

I guess it all depends on your perspective, huh? I'm loving this time in my life, but you're right....it's going by so quickly! Where did the year go? I'm going to color Christmas posters with my kiddos now.:o)

Anonymous said...

You are not getting old.....Bill is.

Love,
Dad

Jenna said...

Yeah, Bill's getting older, not you. The Big V... I have to say I am proud to have joined that club :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jaime! You and Bill are not old at all!!! You guys are amazing and you have really, really special and adorable kids too!!! Don't feel pressure from anybody else! You and Bill need to do what's best for you and not what others think was best for them. :) Though........ I still think it'd be really, really fun for you guys to have another kid when Bryan and I are ready to start our family. :) Sarah