Pages

Blessed

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I feel like I haven't got much to say, but I have a lot to say. My heart is full. 2009 has been a wonderful year for my family. 2008 was really good, but 2009 has been great. We have been blessed beyond measure. My mom gave me a book for Christmas called, "Making Life Rich Without Any Money" and frankly, I already know how. (but don't worry mom, I'll still read the book because it does look good--gotta get through the Twilight saga first--very slow going because I don't have the energy to focus on it :) ). Anyway, I digress, which is what one of my favorite teachers in high school used to say, she also taught me the word, "ergo" which I always applaud when someone uses it because it's such a cool word. Seriously--slip it in everyday conversation and the person you're talking to will think you're brilliant. Anywhoo, back to my train of thought.

We were given a huge surprise in January, which we got to meet at the beginning of October. With his arrival, we found out how loved and blessed we really are. People brought us an abundance of food and gifts, we got phone calls, texts, messages on facebook, and all kinds of offers for help. It was really wonderful. I have never been super popular, and for once in my life I really felt popular--but loved, is really a better term for what we felt. So, thank you to everyone who made us feel loved and loved on us and our precious family.

Rori started preschool this year, and just when I think I can't be more proud of her, she amazes me even more. She was very brave starting school, she's been a big help with the baby, and my proudest moment was when she said her line at the Christmas play at church, in front of a large audience. She said it calmly, clearly, and proudly. "Today in the town of David, a Savior has been born to you, He is Christ the Lord." If you'd like to watch the video of her line, click on this link to my mom's blog and be sure to turn the volume up. She's just precious. My heart was full and tears came to my eyes. Our two oldest children are really learning to love the Lord and understand what that means. I really couldn't ask for anymore than that--except for maybe a magic diet pill that will let me eat whatever I want and lose the baby weight that seems to have permanently attached itself to my rear end...

6 comments:

Anna said...

What a sweet little angel Rori is....as are the other two.

Jenna said...

First of all, being popular isn't always that great of a thing. I always wanted to be you- all the guys wanted to be with you :-) Your little family is wonderful, and I want to hold Brendan sometime when he's not taking a nap. Oh, and Noah wanted to call Aunt Jaime today, but I told him you were working, but I digress (hee hee).

Anonymous said...

We are truly very blessed and I thank the Lord for that everyday. You, are three wonderful children and great extended family. Also thank you to all of you that sent food, gifts, and messages. I am so proud of Rori in play and with school. Liam is just the cutest thing and Brendan, I can't wait to see your little personality. I think Jaime need to get some word of the day toilet paper.--Bill

Baba HooHoo said...

Blessed is even better than popular or ergo...but I digress and say Wow what a year! Love watching how both families are developing...Love Baba HooHoo

Baba HooHoo said...

Oh, speaking of rear ends, it must be a pleasure...what's it like to have one?

Anonymous said...

Heartrate 110-120 45 minutes per day. And you always look good to me.
Love,
Dad