Pages

My Birthday

Thursday, May 6, 2010

My birthday was yesterday, Cinco de Mayo! It's always a fiesta on my birthday :) Every year Bill renews my subscription to Us Week.ly (don't tell our friend Nat, he's a youth pastor and thinks it's a trashy magazine and we like to keep up our wholesome image ;-) ). He also gets me another gift because that one doesn't really count because it's expected. Lucky for me! This year he got me a new point and shoot camera!! I love it because my other one takes horrible grainy pictures--you can tell when I've used it if you go through past posts on my blog. I love my Nikon SLR but it's much too big to bring on vacation and I wanted one I could just throw in my pocket so I could take pictures at the park etc. So, of course I had to test it out and so this post is going to be photo happy :)
I decided to try a self portrait, since if I don't take pictures of myself, if I die, my kids won't know what I looked like...
Oops, this is better (but nice teeth above, huh?)
I have ape arms so am pretty good at taking pictures of myself and the kids together.
Bill sent me flowers at work. I love when he does that. I feel special. Aren't they lovely?
This was my birthday card from him. I made it extra-large because if anyone can tell me what it says, I'll give them $5...
Todd n ML showed up. They didn't know it was my birthday. They felt embarassed. So as punishment I am posting this picture.
We talked them into staying for cupcakes
Bill made them and the kids decorated them. Well, Bill decorated the ones with the red writing. I am doing the same $5 offer for that one...
This is what the cupcakes looked like unfrosted. Bill's not sure what happened...
But Todd approved
So did Marylou. I told her this picture was a good angle and she should practice it for her upcoming wedding pictures.

Rori liked the hats and wants to keep them for her birthday!
Thank you, my dear hubby, for a lovely day. Next time you get me a camera, though, warn me to put a little makeup on since I am pretty sure this is the most pictures of me that have been on my blog the whole year!

7 comments:

Baba HooHoo said...

you owe me 10$ What a nice, lovely bd and good photos too.

Baba HooHoo said...

PS where was Baby Brendan...wasn't he invited to the party

Anna said...

Looks like fun...so glad you had such a nice day! Such a sweet hubbie.....

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful birthday celebration.... and a great gift for your upcoming vacation! Love all the pics (even without the makeup!)

Jenna said...

You owe me $10 too... I like the cupcakes- they show a lot of love was put in them.

Adriane said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Jaime! I have to say, you do have beautiful teeth and a beautiful smile! :) Hearing you write about Bill reminds me of our college days and how he treated you like a princess..it's good to know he hasn't changed, and that your love for each other hasn't either! Thanks SO much for writing the entry about the recliner (For Lisa)..it is sad to see it in that condtition, but nice to know it has been with you rocking all your beautiful babies! Thanks for blogging about your life and we will have to catch up soon! Love ya! Lisa