Pages

Menards

Friday, September 21, 2012

 "If they don't sell it at Menards, then, you don't need it." --my father.

We have always had a Brita pitcher. A year or so ago, Brendan decided he was going to pour himself a glass of water. He dropped the Brita and it broke. I went out and bought a new one at Costco. I hated it. It was the dumbest shape and the lid kept falling off. So, we bought another one at Target. This one had the same problem. It looked just like our original pitcher, but everytime I went to pour water, the lid would slid off. It became a two handed job--which for someone that has a two year old attached to her hip most of the time, that is impossible. I went so far as emailing Brita and they sent me a new lid. It didn't make a difference. (Most of the reviews on their website said people had the same problem as I did). I went through a great season of dehydration. I was parched. But pouring a glass of water just made me crabby. I literally hated that pitcher.

One day, Liam was getting himself a glass of water. He dropped the evil pitcher and it cracked. I was thrilled! So, I went to Target and tested the pitchers that were on display. Sadly, they all seemed to have the same lid issue. Why oh why did Brita decide to change their design? Our refrigerator is too small to hold one of those giant ones with the spout, and my parents swore by their's but it only held like six cups of water, much too small for my family.

A few weeks later, I was at Menards buying paint and lo and behold, there were Brita pitchers. I tested the one out that looked like our original one. It was a lime green color, but I didn't care. I bought it, and I am madly in love with it. When I pour a glass of water, I smile and feel at peace. I am rehydrated. I am a believer. A believer in Menards.

It's a thing of beauty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen to your father. Your father is always right.

Baba HooHoo said...

Ask the middle Rose, she'll tell you "Menard's has Everything".

Jenna said...

You are a dork.