Pages

Happy 2nd Birthday for the Second Time, Brendan Rhys!

Monday, October 8, 2012


That's right, I am not allowing Brendan to turn 3. Two is my favorite age in the whole world. Forget the old adage of terrible two's. I have always had so much fun with my two year olds and this was my last one. So, I am not letting him get older.

Ah, Brendan, you bring everyone around you great joy. You are HILARIOUS! When I take you to the grocery store, you charm the stock boys, the other shoppers, and of course me. I have never met a child as expressive with his face and gestures as you. I like to think you get your humor from me ;) You are polite beyond measure--you never fail to say, please, thank you, or I'm sorry and it's ridiculously cute when you say them. (That's probably a quality from Papa).


My heart hurts at the idea of you getting older. You will always be my baby, but I know that you are growing up, time is going by at breakneck speed. I want it to stop for a minute, because I have this ridiculous fear that your wife is not going to appreciate it when I come and tuck you in every night. I want to take in every vampire-ish smile, every giggle, every gesture. I enjoy the alone time we have while the others have school. Many days you just want your yo yo (pacifier) and hee hee (blankie) and just want to snuggle with me for a good half hour when we get home from drop off. I love you my sweet boy, you bring me unending joy! So Happy 2nd Birthday, for the second time Brendan Rhys!

4 comments:

Baba HooHoo said...

If I could save time in a bottle...
He is adorable...pretty please, yoyo, heehee...we could understand him before he used words. I love you my biggest little baby

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day my baby boy--Papa

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Brendan! Love that he turned 2 a second time. You're so funny!

Jenna said...

Happy Birthday, to my favorite Bubba! You forgot his other favorite phrase, "pee pee poo poo!" as in, "I pee pee poo poo you!"