Pages

Blessed Again...

Sunday, August 17, 2008

I was on my way home from the in-laws today to pick up some of my diet cherry coke to bring back--I can't have nachos without it, anyway, I heard Matt Redman singing, "Blessed be Your Name." on the radio. It brought me back to the Steven Curtis Chapman concert. He opened his concert with that song. I knew he really believed it--you could hear that he was a broken man when he sang, "Blessed be Your Name, on the road marked with suffering, though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your Name." I really listened to the words and then it says, "You give and take away, but my heart will CHOOSE to say, blessed be Your Name."

Walking with Christ isn't always easy--it is a choice. When God deals us a hand that we didn't see coming is when we can get to see what our faith is made of. In an earlier post I had wondered if I had failed the trial that God had given me. But now, I don't think that I did. Could I have been a better witness? Sure, but you know what--God gave and took away, and I still am choosing to say, "Lord, blessed be your name!" And you know what God has given me in return? Well, today I was reflecting on how much God has blessed me with. I have a wonderful husband and two great children. But I also have a sister that I don't think I could be closer to, without being twins, parents that are more than parents--they are an example of a godly marriage, and wonderful friends. Though I am not going to name you all, I am so grateful for being able to pour my heart out to you, be real with you, and I don't know how I would have made it through the last several years without each of you. Some of you have cried with me, some have laughed with me, but all of you have been there walking beside me. For this I am so thankful--and I know that the Lord knew who I needed and when. So, thank you! I love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like God is working in your heart. On a completely different subject --- I have to say......your blog is really well written --- I think you have overcome "THE RED PEN"! Glad you got your Diet Cherry Coke -- the kiddos and I are going to McDs for my Diet Coke with extra ice now.

Anonymous said...

Amen, Jaime, amen! Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

awww, thanks jaime. i tell people you're my irish twin.