Pages

My vice, if I could have it!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I haven't really been a person that has coveted what other people have. I'm fairly content with the size of our house and the things that we can afford (unless we decide to have another baby, then I don't know where we'll put him/her, but that's currently not an issue). However, if money were no object, my vice would be shoes! I love them. There is nothing like slipping on a sleek pair of shoes--they can wonders for a woman's ego. I am unable to appreciate an expensive purse, but let me tell you, a fancy pair of shoes...sigh... With my mostly stay at home momness, I rarely get to wear my nice shoes. It's not really practical to play in the sand or on the jungle gym in a lovely pair of pointy toe heels, and lately I haven't been in the mood to dress up for work either.


Today I was looking online for shoes for Liam, because he is probably getting ready for a new pair and I refuse to pay $50 for another pair, and I was looking for a deal. I decided to, just for fun, go to zappos.com and check out what is new in the world of women's shoes. I can't remember the last time I bought a pair. Out of curiosity I looked at the ones that were $600+ (even for myself, I rarely pay over $50 ). I found these


They are a steal at $749.95. They are GORGEOUS! Those are Swarovski crystals! I mentioned to Bill that his brother is getting married next year and I could get them for the wedding. If he carried me while I was outside, we could even return them since they have free shipping both ways. He chuckled and went about his business. So, Giuseppe Zanotti, if you are reading this blog, feel free to send me a pair to review. I'd be most willing. A girl can dream...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like nice shoes too says mom with her 8 1/2 triple wide who can't get anything to fit her Cinderella like feet!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that I'm actually going to write this...I have found that the bigger my butt gets...the bigger my feet get. I am so content to hide my feet in whatever seems to fit or are comfortable. But you, my dear Jaime, would look FABULOUS in those shoes!!!! Valentine's Day is coming......:)

Jenna said...

i would buy a ton more of converse hi-tops if i could- of course they wouldn't look like the shoes you picture, but...

Unknown said...

I must say - OUCH! I could never walk in those shoes! :) I admit, I wear flats or mostly flats because I just don't do well in heels - and pointed toes are a no no with me because, well, my toes don't go to a point! ha!

I think it's cute that you're into shoes though...my daughter (Cecily) loves them too and always goes for the most showy ones - cracks me up.

Lynnette