Pages

Thank you Baba Hoo Hoo

Wednesday, January 21, 2009


My mom watches our kids on Wednesdays when I go to work. She leaves her house before 6 am every Wednesday. I was hoping that she would have a good day with the kids because I had kind of a rough day on Tuesday. Liam has had a terrible cold and his nose has been running non-stop. Today, he got his milk about an hour before I left. He seemed a litt cranky, but I hoped he'd feel better. After I got to work, I called my mom and she told me that he threw up. Everywhere. I just assumed that it was from all the mucus dripping into his throat and stomach mixed with the milk. I thought that would be the only time. A while later, I called her again and he had just thrown up again! She said she put him down for a nap, and we were hopeful he'd be better when he woke up. I offered to send Bill home--I couldn't come home because of some serious things that were going on at work. I was sure she would say yes because he had gotten it all over her. But no, my mom was a trooper. She just borrowed some clothes and cleaned everything up. I called her one more time, around lunch, and she said that she had given him some water when he woke up and he threw that up too...and got some in her mouth. Gross, I know, but I had to share so you could fully appreciate what my mom went through. This time, she accepted having Bill come home. So I want to give Baba Hoo Hoo a big shout out today. Thank you!!! (I will tell you sometime how she got the title Baba Hoo Hoo--it's a cute story, really).

Look at this sweet boy!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moms/Grandmas are the greatest!! My mom is the same way. Geepers, I hope it's not a stomach bug on top of the cold. Katelyn has thrown up before from the drainage, so I know it can happen. I hope little Liam is feeling better soon- so sad when they are sick, and so tiring for mommy and daddy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks BaBa Hoo Hoo! You rock. Thanks for taking all the throwing up so there was none for me when I got home!! What a mother-in-law.--Bill

Anonymous said...

Oh BaBa Hoo Hoo (I'm looking forward to the post on that story -- I've been wondering how on earth that name came about)! What a day! I know you're a wonderful grandma/mom/mother-in-law not just for cleaning up throw-up but for many other reasons. Sorry it was such a rough day for everyone invovled. I feel your pain! I hope that everyone starts feeling better soon! Liam is too cute!!!

Jenna said...

Mom is awesome, isn't she? Did I tell you that the other day Noah threw up mucus into my hands- twice? I thought that was disgusting, but in your mouth, man I think I would have vomited as well.

Anonymous said...

I love baby Liam, we are definitely bonded in a big way. The day wasn't sooo bad, it just wasn't the day I had been expecting. RoriRose was a HUGE help and thank God she didn't have residual throw up. I love you MOM Baba Hoohoo