Pages

Dinner at Costco

Monday, March 23, 2009

I met up with Bill and the kids at Costco after work for dinner. We needed lots of things and we often try to meet there to do our shopping so that we can have a cheap and easy dinner as a family. Before we had kids, Bill and I would joke that the only place we were going to be able to afford to take our kids to eat would be Costco, because Bill and I were able to eat there for $3! We each would get the $1.50 hotdog/drink combo. What a steal! Somehow our 3 year old and almost 2 year old managed to increase the cost by $7 today! Seriously! Bill and I still each got our hotdogs, we got Liam a hotdog, and Rori got a $2 slice of pizza. Liam ate all of his hotdog and part of Bill's, so Bill needed a piece of pizza since he was still hungry. Then, Rori noticed that her beloved chocolate dipped ice cream bars were back (they had been removed from the "menu" several months ago) so she wanted one of those. They are $1.50 and she and Liam ate the whole thing. So that brought our total to $10 at the Costco food court. So much for our dreams of feeding our family for under $5 (we had assumed they'd be splitting a hotdog for a while). What are we going to do when they're teenagers?! I love my little ziggy piggies--they sure can eat!

5 comments:

Anna said...

$10 is good.:) We have one dinner out a week now and that is our cheat night. So, last night we did Cici's pizza buffet for $17.99 total. I thought that was good, but your $10 sure has us beat!

Jenna said...

Could your ziggy piggies teach my non-ziggy piggy to eat, please? I brought home Portillo's for all of us tonight, and he barely even ate any fries! Don't worry, his momma ate enough for everyone- no wonder I gained 4 pounds between this check up and the last one.

Anonymous said...

I want a bit of Rori's ouse cream. Love Grandma I remember you and your sister shared a McD's cheeseburger and small fries.

Anonymous said...

I'm tired, I want a bite of Rori's ouse cream and it is Love Baba HooHoo

Anonymous said...

What happens when there is another one? Is it going to $15? What happens when they all are teenagers? They are going to eat us out of house and home!!!--Bill