Pages

My poor boy!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

We had Liam's baby dedication on Sunday and in true Liam fashion, he injured himself beforehand. My poor baby has little body awareness. He was running after Rori and crashed into our big rolltop desk. So....this is what he looked like for his baby dedication.


I still think he's pretty adorable!

I do want to say something about the dedication. The pastor reminded us that our most important evangelizing must be to our children. I don't want to let my Savior down, I don't want to be lazy. I don't want to just assume that they will learn about Jesus from their Sunday School teacher or their Awana leader. It needs to start with me (and Bill--but he's not writing this ;) ). I have seen people who love the Lord and do great things for Him, but yet seem to neglect spiritually leading their children. I can see that sometimes that would be easier, but I want to make sure that doesn't happen to us!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Poor Liam!! Ahh... boys! Austin had so many goose eggs and bruises on his head- that finally stopped around 18 months? Yes,he still is darn cute! :)

Karen Joy said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't even notice Liam's eye up under the lights, and I looked right at him! I hope he's feeling/looking better, and we can't wait to see you all tomorrow night. Thanks for the spiritual reminder - it's so hard to lead in that area when you get caught up in the day to day routine of raising multiple kids. I need to pray for more devotion to that area - it is the most important thing and needs to be prioritized that way! So yeah, thanks for the kick in the butt... :o)

Anonymous said...

I think Liam may take after Auntie Jenna and they should both take a body awareness class. Love, MOM

Jenna said...

Tell Mom I don't need body awareness lessons anymore. I just need a helmet... Liam looked fine on Sunday :-)

Anna said...

Poor Liam -- I bet that desk jumped out and got him!