Pages

Why I've been MIA

Monday, March 9, 2009

Do you remember on the Princess Bride where Wesley is "mostly dead"--which is better than all-dead? I have been mostly dead for the last five days with "the plague." It started on Wednesday and Bill actually had to stay home with the kids on Thursday while I spent the day in bed. I have a horrible cough which has kept me up some nights until 4:00 in the morning where, thank God for cable, I've gotten to watch Clueless and other 90's movies. My throat has been so sore that swallowing just hasn't been worth it. My poor hubby also has the death plague, but at least he can take drugs and cough medicine for it since he's not pregnant. Anyway, I think I am finally on the mend (I say this after I had to put a job applicant on hold at work while I coughed for 3 minutes straight). Thus, I be better about updating my blog--maybe even tonight or tomorrow just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not all-dead :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this, Jaime! I too had drainage last week which caused a sratchy throat and some coughing. Didn't have it near as bad as you, but I have been there, and it's no fun. Glad you seem to be feeling better. Spring is a coming which hopefully brings the end of sick season.

Jenna said...

I was up from 2-4 coughing last night- I feel your pain. However, I wasn't smart enough to get up and watch tv. Noah decided to throw a post-b-day bash in his crib during that time as well. It was fantastic.

Anna said...

Ugh! I hope everyone is on the mend -- sorry you've been so miserable. Your descriptions make me laugh, though. I am chopping off my head today --- maybe I'll just use Tim's air compressor and blow all the junk out -- less messy.

Anonymous said...

One day you will wake up and be mostly alive...and it will be so wonderful...isn't it funny how you don't notice how much you swallow until it is not fun at all? I know you miss being able to smell (Liam's big D) and taste all that wonderful food. Soon, Dolly, soon. . . Love MOM

Anonymous said...

I went and saw Mircle Max and got a chocolet cover magic pill. Now I feel mostly alive today (wish it would help with the coughing fits though)!!!! Thanks for taking care of me even though you are sick too.--Bill