Pages

Baby Fat

Friday, November 6, 2009

I am feeling discouraged and frustrated. When I had Rori and Liam the baby weight practically fell off on its own from nursing/pumping. I could eat a double cheeseburger and large fries and still lose 3 pounds. I expected the same thing to happen after having Brendan. Unfortunately, that has not been the case, which is what is leaving me discouraged and frustrated. I have no clothes that fit, except for sweats, my hair is flat and shapeless because it hasn't been cut in ages, and I haven't had contacts for about six months now. I'm clueless as to why Bill would even want to come home to me. My mom says the weight is more difficult this time because it's my fourth baby, but I'm pretty sure that Heidi K*lum isn't having this problem...

So, two days ago I decided to go to the gym. It was the first time in about six months that I worked out. I pulled on a pair of men's shorts, over my hairy legs, squeezed my giant tatas into a sports bra and threw on a giant t-shirt. I wanted to wear a sign that said, "I look like this because I just had a baby." I have to say, that I was pretty proud of myself though, because I was able to do 30 minutes on the elliptical machine without killing myself. I wasn't sure what kind of shape I was in, so that was encouraging. When I went yesterday, I went with more confidence, (and shaved legs) and even did some weight lifting. I am hoping that I will notice some improvement in my weight loss and hopefully fit into some pants that do not have an elastic waist soon! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaime, you are crazy!! I love you and you are super duper (that's right super duper)sexy. I can't wait to come home to you every day.--Bill

Anonymous said...

Heidi Kl*m probably has a maid, a chef and a workout peron and someone to watch the brood. You are beautiful...never forget that. Love, MOM

Lesley said...

Jaime- your mom is right- those celebrity mothers have millions of dollars at their disposal- nannies, personal trainers, personal chefs, etc. I know how you feel- I didn't just have a baby and I can barely fit into my clothes. You are beautiful and amazing. However, I do know how you feel- I wish we lived closer and I would go to that gym with you!! Hang in there-

Anna said...

Ok, my friend, if you were to go ask Rori how you look today --- I know she would tell you that you look pretty or beautiful especially after the new hairdo she gave you (and your hubby has already said super duper):0). I understand that you don't feel attractive, but you are a beautiful woman (inside and out) and your body worked hard on that cute little boy of yours --- so give it some time. I'm glad that you shared how you felt though.

Jenna said...

Good for you Jaimers! We can be workout buddies :-) I haven't gone in a week though...

Karen Joy said...

You go, Girl! Hang in there, and stay committed. It will happen, even if it's harder work than it used to be. And you'll feel stronger and proud of yourself for doing the work!

Oh, and you have the best husband ever! :o) Tell him I say to "keep it up!" :oD