Pages

Santa Came Early

Sunday, November 15, 2009

If you've been reading my blog since the beginning, you may remember this post and recognize this picture

That is my vacuum cleaner complete with duct tape on the cord and on the hose. I have been complaining about it for over a year now, and even hinted that I would be okay with getting a new vacuum for Christmas or my birthday. Both came and went without a new vacuum. But, the last straw came when I was vacuuming nine months pregnant and felt a horrible shock on my leg and screamed in pain. The cord had ANOTHER frayed part that had hit my leg and given me an electrical shock.


I remembered that my friend Lesley had mentioned in the comments section of my previous post that she had gotten her vacuum from Amazon. I grabbed the newest issue of Consume*r Reports which happened to feature vacuums and went online. I found this beauty and ordered it and got free shipping, no tax, and didn't even need to leave the comfort of home--thanks Lesley! It truly is a thing of beauty!


I love it and don't mind vacuuming. It almost goes by itself! However, since I did have to order it myself, I think Santa still needs to pay me a visit on Christmas.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Nice Jaimers.

Anna said...

Absolutely.....I've been told that vacuums don't count.

Lesley said...

I am so honored to be a part of your blog, Jaime. :) Isn't Amazon the best? LOVE IT!! It is always exciting to get a new vacumn- I was the same way when I got ours- I was actually looking forward to vacumning. So happy for you that you got a new one- you certainly needed it.

Anonymous said...

Looks like R2D2..or is it C3PO...I can't get it straight...and yes Santa does need to still visit you! Love, Baba HooHoo

Anonymous said...

You never ever ever buy a women a appliance, vacumn, or work out equipment for a birthday or Christmas no matter what they say. I am sorry to see our 1st vacumn leave, it had such character. monment of silence.--Bill