Pages

RIP Nikon D60

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm feeling guilty that it's been a few days since my last post. I have two posts that I've been wanting to get up, but they require pictures...Unfortunately my dear husband (I wasn't calling him dear husband on Saturday when this happened) was moving the computer cabinet which held my "precious" (have you seen Lord of the R*ings?). My "precious" is my Nikon D60. We bought it last year sometime after we received some extra money back from our mortgage company with some legalize explanation about too much money in our escrow. I didn't really understand it, but what I did understand was the fatty boom batty check that accompanied it. It was almost exactly what we needed to buy a new nice camera. If you remember, we were going to get it with our tax return, but then my dear kitty went and cut his rear end and needed minor surgery. Anyway, long story short, whilst moving the computer cabinet, it fell apart and my precious fell on the floor.

Dear hubby felt the need to call me at the gym and tell me about this. Not the smartest thing to do because then the whole ride home, I had time to stew about it. I got home, words were said, hours later apologies were made (on both sides), and the damages were assessed. Fortunately it appears that only the lens is broken. If I hold the lens on, it does still take pictures. Maybe duct tape would work? It seems to fix everything else--I know it works on vacuums :) Anyway, so I am in the market for a new lens, hence the lack of the two posts I want to do. And those of you that know Bill, know he's really sorry about it because he told me that I don't have to get him a birthday present this year and he would just ask everyone else for money as his present to replace the lens. That's how you know he's truly sorry (although of course I wouldn't take him up on it--it would be too much punishment for him...but then maybe he knew I wouldn't take him up on it so it was an empty offer...hmmm...could go in circles with that one).

Let's have a moment of silence for my lens, and while we're at it, let's have a moment of silence for McD's getting rid of their $1 large drinks. It was a sad day when I went for my large diet coke and it cost $1.65...

5 comments:

Anna said...

I see you got your blog updated too. What? You have three kids now?;0) Looks good. Well, dropping the camera on the floor is better than dropping it in the Mississippi for sure....poor Bill.

Jenna said...

They got rid of the $1 large drinks?!? Is the world as we know it changing?!? I'll have Ryan email you with the info on camera lenses that his dad found for you.

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for avout your camera. I am glad the damage was limited to the lens. It's going to be a long winter until McDonalds brings back the $1 large cokes this summer.--Bill

Anonymous said...

I think Bill should go to Sonic every day for the rest of the year and bring you home a large diet coke and forego a coke for himself. Then he should have to wear a CUBS hat every day from April through October. I believe that is just punishment.
Love,
Dad

Baba HooHoo said...

I have demolished several cameras myself...I feel both of your pain