Pages

Rori De Laurentiis

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Back during Halloween, Gia*da De Laurentiis did a show making candy. Rori asked me to record it and has watched it at least 15 times. Giada made Turtles, Truffle Pops and Homemade Marshmallows. Rori had been begging to make them so finally I caved. We skipped the turtles because 3 things was too overwhelming. We started with the Marshmallows. Rori let me know that it didn't take Giada nearly as long to cook the sugar mixture as it did us. I tried to explain the movie magic to her, but I don't think she understood. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the marshmallows, so I'm stealing the one my mom had of them in her hot chocolate. Aren't they lovely? Liam and Rori did the sprinkles.

They were fairly tasty in hot chocolate, but I don't love them plain. Coated in chocolate however....mmmmm

Next we made the Truffle Pops. Those were truffles on a lollipop stick. We made the ganache and Giada said to put cinnamon in it. I wasn't going to, but since Rori had seen it so many times, she didn't forget. She said, "Mama, we're supposed to put cinnamon in because it warms it up and gives it a little kick!" So we did. And she was right :) Then we put the sticks in and dipped them in the chocolate. Then I took a bite...they were heavenly...and I had to get them out of the house lest I eat them all and undo the work I've been doing with Jillian! Do you think Rori liked them? I am loving doing this with her. I am so glad she is enjoying cooking and baking--although it's going to be trouble for my saddlebags!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute...she is FABULOUS and her mama is too! I want one now, so I can eat my feelings! Love, Baba HooHoo

Anna said...

Must be the Italian in her.;0)

Adriane said...

I love that you post so many pictures on your blog :)

Jenna said...

I love my little niece! She is a mini-Jaime :-)

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you that those Truffle Pops we amazing! The cinnamon did warm it up and give them a little kick. I am so proud of my baking girls!--Papa