Pages

Ballerinas

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Growing up I always wanted to be a ballerina. I absolutely loved everything about ballet. I read books about it, practiced at home, and when I was finally old enough to be on toe, it was like all my dreams had come true. Alas, eventually I stopped taking lessons, but I occasionally still put on my toe shoes and danced around my room--even in college. I even took lessons one summer after Rori was born. Unfortunately all that did was make me realize I was old and out of shape!

I have always hoped that Rori would become interested in ballet. Today she was watching Barbie as the Nutcracker and Waltz of the Flowers came on. I told her that I had danced to that song a long time ago and asked if she wanted to see my ballet shoes. I pulled out my toe shoes and we both tried them on and I think she felt the magic too! We hobbled around in them and then put on my regular ballet slippers and danced around the living room. I was in heaven. She told me she wants to take ballet and it just made my heart melt into goo!

4 comments:

Anna said...

What a sweet, sweet pic...it'll become a favorite one of Rori's, I'm sure. Especially when one day (a LONG, LONG, LONG time from now)she hopes her daughter wants to take ballet too. On a completely different note.....look @ her mama's toned legs! Must be Insanity.:o)

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you are still blogging!!! I am so very happy for you that your baby girl wants to do ballet. I know it like a dream come true for you. The two lof you looked so cute and magical dancing around the living. I can't wait for the 1st mother-daughter recital!!!--Bill
p.s. Nice legs Mama!!!!

Baba HooHoo said...

She made me cry yesterday dancing in her beautiful tutu and ballet shoes! I always wanted to be one too! :)

Baba HooHoo said...

PS where you get those legs?