Pages

Vomit, Teacher Appreciation, and Wheezing

Monday, May 7, 2012

How's that for a title? Mom and Dad, you're getting two posts in two days--don't expect me to be witty too. Yesterday Rori wasn't feeling well all day. She finally ended up throwing up right before bed and then five minutes later fell fast asleep for the night. I wasn't sure how she was going to feel so I had her stay home from school today. Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, it is Teacher Appreciation Week. Last year I gave Rori's teachers a gift each day during that week. So, darn, I guess I only have to do four days :) (that's the fortunate/unfortunate part). Rori has two teachers because they have a student teacher and Liam has one teacher and two aides. For those keeping count, that is 5 teachers total. I am not a crafty person, but I can copy other people pretty well--and I can use scissors :) I found these on Pinterest earlier in the year and pinned them for this week. I also used my brother in law's discount at his work to get cheap Lipton tea mixes to put in the cups. Each teacher got 10 individual tea mixes. The kids are excited to bring them to school tomorrow. I hope their teachers like them for their first/second day gifts!


Now for the wheezing part. All day I felt kind of nauseous. I was worried I was getting whatever it was that Rori had. I am a firm believer in sweating out the germs! So I went to the gym and ran intervals on the treadmill. The humidity was horrific. I go to one of those really cheap gyms--I am pretty sure that our memberships do not include air conditioning. About 2.5 miles in, I was feeling tired and struggling. I couldn't concentrate on doing intervals so I decided to see if I could run at 7mph for a whole mile. That's an 8:34 min mile. I had several days of birthday cakes to make up for. I made it exactly .6 miles when I could hear the wheezing OVER my iPod. Once the wheezing turned to full out gasps (at .75 miles) I decided it was time to call it a day for fear of passing out on the treadmill--I imagine that is even more embarrassing than flying off the back (which almost happened once whilst trying to wipe the sweat out of my eyes). Next time I will make the whole mile at that pace (I will be smart and do it first). So there you have it--vomit, teacher appreciation, and wheezing.

3 comments:

Baba HooHoo said...

You are funny my dear

Jenna said...

Proud of you Jaimers!

Anonymous said...

2 posts in 2 days? WOW. I am proud of you for all your exercising, and I am sure all the teachers want to get a Patrick child due to your great gifts!--Bill