Pages

Oops, I did it again!

Saturday, October 25, 2008


You'd think I would have learned my lesson earlier this week, but no. Bill and I were doing things around the house and Liam was sleeping. Rori is usually pretty good at being unsupervised for a little bit. Today, however, she came down the stairs in her high heel princess shoes with a huge grin on her face. You could tell that she felt beautiful and she was hoping that we thought so too.


When I saw her, I immediately worried that she had used my $100 bottle of skin cream that makes me glow the way that I do. Ok, who am I kidding, I thought she used my free bottle of Dove moisturizer that my brother-in-law got from work. But let's pretend that I have a $100 bottle of cream. Anyway, I told her how beautiful she looked and asked her what she had put on her face. She looked at me and said, "butt paste." I just smiled and continued to tell her how pretty she was, but inside I was thinking, "she's pretty smart. I think that models use Preparation H cream to get rid of undereye circles!" Maybe diaper rash cream has the same effect! But I probably won't be trying it tonight. Oh, and don't worry, I'll teach her about how to keep the lipstick from getting on her teeth--other than that she did a great job :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could look like Rori I would use the butt pasted 3 times a day. Love Baba HooHoo

Anonymous said...

nice- tell rori that auntie jenna says she looks beautiful too.

Marc and Megan said...

I can't remember if I left a comment over here the other day or not... grief has totally messed with my memory, making me feel like an old lady sometimes!

Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for the comment you left on our blog... I do find such great hope in stories like yours where blessings follow after the trial. Thank you for sharing your story!

And, your children are gorgeous!! I know you'll find that Faith inherited that same beauty when you meet her again. What a beautiful day that will be! I know I can't wait! :)