Pages

Christmas is almost here!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Please excuse my humble attempt at a deep post. But I want to reflect a little bit on what Jesus did for us. For some reason, this year it really hit me--the part about Him coming to earth as a baby and not just appearing as an adult. I don't know if it's because my world revolves around babies, or I'm just slow. Anyway, how humbling must it have been for our Lord to choose to come as a baby. Babies are dependent upon others for everything. The Lord and King of the universe chose to become dependent upon His mother, Mary. He knew what it was like to wear diapers, be hungry, not be able to communicate what you want, to need His face and hands wiped after eating or playing. How wonderful and amazing is that? I know that if I was all powerful, I would not be willing to humble myself to rely on my creations to fulfill my earthly needs. My Lord continually shows Himself to be so much more than I imagine.

I also want to put out a challenge to anyone who might be interested. As you know, I follow Angie Smith's blog, and she challenged her readers to memorize Psalm 139. I haven't memorized that much scripture since my days in AWANA, and never a whole chapter. I thought it would be really cool to be able to recite that whole chapter, since that is one that I think is very familiar to believers everywhere. Of course it is one that has been of great comfort to me when Faith went to be with Jesus. How wonderful would it be to have it truly hidden away in my heart. I have linked to Angie's schedule, which obviously several of the dates have passed, but basically you memorize two verses per day and then every third day spend in review or catching up. I have made it through verse 6 and can't wait until I have it all memorized. If you decide to join me, please let me know so we can encourage one another!

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! Please (and this is also for myself) don't get swept up in the presents and everything, remember what this Season is really about. A Savior who chose to humble Himself to become one of us so that we could live forever with Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your eyes saw my unformed body, all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Merry Christmas to all and God Bless us Everyone. Love MOM