Pages

What's wrong with this picture?

Friday, December 19, 2008

Today we got ridiculous quantities of snow. Bill and Rori decided to go out and play in it since it was the nice heavy packing kind. I got to stay inside with this:



He was so upset that even his hair was angry. To be fair to me, I did ask him if he wanted to go outside and he shook his head no. So really, I don't know what his problem was but I think Bill got the good end of that deal.




After about an hour, I called Rori and Bill in because it was pretty cold out and I didn't want her to get sick. The plan had been that Bill would then stay out and shovel. However, when he brough her in, he complained about his knees and ankles killing him. To be fair to him, he does have arthritis, so it was probably a valid claim.

So in my good wifelyness, I went out and shoveled. For an hour! Like I said, it was the nice heavy packing kind. We have a very long driveway.I pointed out to Bill that three different people had stopped by and asked if we wanted to pay them to shovel the driveway and he said no. I strongly sweetly reminded him that we could have done that instead of having me shovel. He, unwisely, said, "I thought you would want the exercise." I imagine he regretted the words as they were coming out, and I'm pretty sure that I am going to get a nice foot and back rub tonight, without any kind of reciprocation :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're one of the funniest people I know. :)

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Jaimers. Dad, Ryan and I had a good laugh over the Liam pictures.

Anonymous said...

Award winning photography and bloggage. Love the photos...how are the arms and glutes? Love MOM

Anne said...

Get me the phone number of those people who shovel for money. Next time it snows when Dan's out of town, I'll call them and forget to ask Dan what he thinks of that idea!

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful time outside playing with Rori and would not trade it for anything. I do have to say that Jaime did a great job on the driveway. I think she should be in charge of it all the time!!!!--Bill