Pages

First Snow

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

We had our first big snow a couple of days ago, and Rori asked yesterday if we could go out and play in it. I got her all bundled up in her snowpants, boots, coat, hat and mittens--all whilst Liam was wailing for who knows what reason. Unfortunately we don't have snow pants for him, so I put his boots on with his regular pants. He got pretty angry about the boots. I think my kids have a bit of OCD (which they get from their auntie Jenna) where something out of the ordinary annoyes them. Then I wrestled him into his coat and fought him to put on a hat. He does not like hats...Sadly for him, I couldn't find his hat (it was in the car) so he got to wear Rori's old fleece purple polka dot hat :) He wailed the whole time until we stepped outside. He loved the snow. He and Rori ran around in it with Rori periodically laying in it. They had the best time...for about five minutes. Then, I'm guessing, based on the return of the wailing, Liam got snow in his boots since he didn't have snowpants on and it was cold. I carried him in to change his pants and Rori wanted to stay out...until she got snow down her coat and she started to wail. So we took off our snowy clothes and put dry ones on and snuggled on the bed until Papa came home. I'm so bummed that I didn't get a picture of Liam in his sister's hat! Maybe I'll put it on him again sometime when his Papa's not around and snap a picture--because he was just so cute! Anyway, the whole thing felt like something out of "A Christmas Story" when they get the kids all bundled up and then one has to go to the bathroom. Good times...

On a side note, I am starting to find music on blogs kind of annoying. What do you think? I'm contemplating taking mine off. Be honest--I'm not sensitive :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Idea - what about changing the first song so that it's not always Cinderella? I will admit,I have paused it at times, since I know the first line so well. :) Although I love the song! I think anything automated NOT by the User can be annoying....

Anonymous said...

I want a photo of Liam in the Hat. I am sure he wore it in a very masculine way. And ditto, I agree with Christina...Hi Christina! Maybe the songs could rotate or something...I do enjoy the music though.
Love, Baba HooHOO

Anonymous said...

I do not have OCD- okay maybe a little bit. Our Once Upon A Child is having a clearance sale, so I'll look for snowpants for Liam- we have a 2T pair, that are too big for Noah, so you can borrow those if we don't find any.

Anonymous said...

Hey-
I think it's a good idea to change up the music instead of the same song playing as well. I like that you did that!! Otherwise, I don't mind the music- can learn some new songs this way.