Pages

Out of the mouths of babes

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Last night I was reading The Children's Storybook Bible to Rori before bedtime. We were talking about Adam and Eve and how sin entered the world. I explained to Rori that we will all die someday, but Jesus died for us so that we can go live in Heaven with Him. I am having a horrible time explaining this to a three year old, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Anyway, of course she started to cry at the idea of living in Heaven. She told me she didn't want to die and when Jesus took her to Heaven, when would we get to go home? The best I could think of to say was that Jesus would bring our house to Heaven with us--because I knew that she wouldn't able to understand that Heaven is so much better than our house. Then my precious little girl asked, "Will He bring our TV too?" At least she knows the necessities in life, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my girl, RoriRose, you bring that tv! Heaven is hard for us old people to understand...you're doing a great job Dolly. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

your post makes me think of that song "big house" it's a big big house with lots and lots of rooms, a big big yard where we can play football...

i think you're doing a good job, jaimers.