Pages

It's Christmas!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

I feel like I have been waiting for Christmas for so long and it's finally here. Yesterday, Christmas Eve, we got a bunch of snow...again. So, Bill's brother, Christopher, showed up with his parents snowblower so that we wouldn't have to spend time shoveling. Bill was super grateful--I wondered where that help was last Friday... (just kidding--I did get a nice back rub after my shoveling). Then we went to Bill's family for Christmas Eve. We had a nice dinner and opened presents. The kids got way too much stuff! I got a dutch oven that I've been wanting and am super excited to use.

I have been so excited for Christmas Day because I had been hinting that I would like a new computer/laptop because everytime I'm on our PC, I have to reboot 5-6 times because it crashes on me. And yay!!! I got one!!! I love it. It's so fast and sleek and wonderful. Thank you my handsome prince!

I also had been excited because I had bought Bill a Wii before Thanksgiving that I have been trying to keep a secret. I've been dying to give it to him, because while he is really good at giving presents, I am usually more practical. This is the first time I have bought a truly frivolous present. He was so excited! I'm so glad, because he is always so generous with me and I wanted to do the same.

We had a very nice Christmas with my family today. My dad bought us a fabulous prime rib that Ryan, my sister's husband, cooked to perfection. My parents got me a piano keyboard since our piano has been determined to be untuneable. So I'm excited to break it out and dust off my piano books. My sister got an electric guitar and treated us to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on her electric guitar. It was rocking :) We're so cool...

Anyway, I hope you all had a great Christmas, and remembered the real Gift we received on Christmas!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice day. Merry Christmas from one tired Baba Hoohoo. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

I did it, I did it. I read it alllllllll. It was lovely. I learned so much. But Jaime don't be too hard on yourself, you are a wonderful mom and wife and aunt and daughter and sister and friend to all of the people you have touched. It's great to see God growing you! Your babies are the cutest things. It's obvious that Bill loves you just the way you are! He's a keeper, which you already know. Keep on doing what you are doing. And guess what? I got this new laptop for Christmas too! Love ya dori

Anonymous said...

by the way, it took me hours to read it all and now I know jenna is going to have a girl! your mom never told me, guess I'll have to check your blog to find things out from now on. dori

Anonymous said...

That's so exciting about the laptop! Santa brought us a new flat screen tv. (but I would have like to get a laptop!) I'll be wanting to know all the details when I see you next!

Anonymous said...

dude, i totally also played "horse with no name", don't make me look so uncool.

Jaime said...

Jen--you're cool! i'll rock out with you to mary had a little lamb!

Anonymous said...

I like Twinkle Twinkle on an electric guitar! MOM

Anonymous said...

Lest you explode the knob to your dutch oven and have to call the Poison Control Center to ask if the plasticky fumes are lethal/dangerous to you or your babies (not speaking from personal experience or anything ;-))...
ask Bill to replace the knob with a metal one (like a drawer pull) so you can make no-knead bread!!!