Pages

Day 7

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Yesterday was like Monday, as far as time to do something fun for an activity. I work on Wednesday and we also have AWANA. I get home around 5:00 pm and then we need to leave by 6:30 to get to AWANA and we need to get dinner made, eaten, and cleaned up by then. So, today I chose a Christmas craft for them to do. They painted Grinch ornaments. I picked these ornaments because we had taken to calling Papa the Grinch, before Thanksgiving. He insists upon waiting until after Thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music or watch Christmas movies. I, on the other hand, am in the instant gratification camp. I love Christmas music and could only wait until about the second week of November before I started listening to it. Bill and I are very different in this area. I want it now, and he can wait patiently. If I pick up dinner, I am going to sample the fries on the way home--Bill is going to wait until the table is set and his plate is arranged. If I make cookies, I need to try one hot out of the oven--I may burn my mouth. Bill waits until after dinner and the kids have gone to bed. Instant gratification versus ridiculous willpower. We make a lovely pair. Anywhoo, back to the Grinch ornaments. Of course, poor Brendan was left out once again. But if someone else would like to supervise him with non-washable paints, give me a call.

 Of course, both kids wanted to paint their ornaments when Rori got home from school, so my mom got to help them. I hadn't set out paint clothes, so she found some. Liam would prefer to live life au natural, so he just needed pants, and Rori, is a slightly messy child, so she definitely needed old clothes--note the paint all over her shirt :) I really thought they would wait until Bill got home, but I guess they're on my side of the instant gratification line. Thanks for helping them, Mom, I know it wasn't in your plan for the day--but they had a blast and were so proud of their ornaments!

I swear he has pants on.

As we learned previously, she looks lovely with spaghetti lipstick, and now with Grinch green paint on her shirt!

Here's a picture that Bill took the day before, eating  waffles for his advent activity, with Papa!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...nonwashable paints? You're the coolest mom. I don't even allow that into our house. :) I can barely handle doing washable paints with any of my kids. Seriously cute pictures though. Where did you find the Grinch ornaments? -Leslie

Baba HooHoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Our baby did destroy some red paper during this activity, but it was nothing important. My wild blonde boy did have pants on and you should have seen the middle Rose's face when the green paint blew up in her face and hair and shirt. I wanted to laugh, but she was horrified and she was being so careful...she is a chip off the old Grandma. Had fun doing that and got more paint on me while supervising then either one of them. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

They were so proud of the work, as they should be. I had fun hearing all about the painting adventure. Thanks to Grandma Whoo Whoo for help our little artist. Love that picture of Brendan, it's now my background. Proof even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again.---Bill