Pages

Thank you!

Friday, December 23, 2011

I don't have yesterday's photos from our Advent Activity uploaded yet because I left the camera in the van and Bill took it to work, so that post will be later. For now I just wanted to say thank you. I have, like I'm sure most mom's do at one time or another, been feeling underappreciated. This season, while I feel like I've been giving more of myself than ever before, I feel like some people are asking me for even more (they don't read my blog, so if you're reading this, it's not you :) ). It's amazing how just a couple of people can bring you down. It has been incredibly discouraging. So, I have been praying about my attitude and asking for some encouragement.

God has been faithful in doing that. One of the ways has been through all of you. I wasn't a very good blogger this year--I had more posts in December than I have all year. However, since I started posted daily, I have received around 40 unique hits per day. Now I know this is chump change for someone like the Pioneer Woman. But for someone like me, with a little family blog, it has meant the world. (Except for the person who googled "dirty underwear" and got this post--I am sure they were horribly disappointed, pervert). For the most part I have no idea who most of the people are that have been reading, because I don't get a lot of comments. But, whomever you are, I want you to know that it has been an incredible encouragement to me. I know that this season is incredibly busy for all of us. The fact that anyone (especially those not related to me) would take a few minutes out of their day to read about my day, means more than you could know. So thank you, and let me be an encouragement to you, today. I appreciate you and have been blessed by you all!

Merry Merry Christmas to you and your families
!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holidays can be frustrating and you can't please everyone. You're doing a great job and I love you muchly! MOM

April said...

ooooo pic me! I love you very muchly too!!

April said...

and I can't spell HAHA! see I always tell you...

jenna said...

You're doing good jaimers. Love you!

Lesley Engling said...

I love to read your blog, Jaime. I really think you are a gifted writer. Your posts are interesting and encouraging. I am sorry about those that are asking for more of you.... believe me, I understand how that feels. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog too and since I'm relatively new to it, I read your old dirty underwear post (oh my! I'm not sure I would be brave enough to do another house rental after that!). Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! I'm going through Jaime withdrawal after not seeing you at Tot Lot, Awana, or a playdate this week. -Leslie