Pages

11

Monday, December 12, 2011

Oh how I have been looking forward to Advent Day 11! This one required zero pre-planning and was super relaxing. We went to the movies! Rori was not terribly excited because we were going to see the Muppets. She has zero interest in them. I convinced her that it would be fun because Giselle was in it. She was sold!

Grandma Casey was willing to watch Brendan because the last time I took him to a movie he ran up and down the aisle. Fortunately the only people in the theater were us and my friend Leslie and her boys. Otherwise I would've felt like I needed to give everyone a refund. Well, I might actually still owe Leslie a refund. Anyway, Bill had been DYING to see this movie, so this was the perfect opportunity. 

I was a little worried that Liam would fall asleep, mostly because he has fallen asleep at just about every other movie we have gone to. However, he stayed awake, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rori LOVED it and asked if we could buy it when it comes out on DVD. I have to say, I had not really cared either way if I ever saw it, but I found myself clapping at this cameo. 

Jim Parsons from Big Bang Theory
Rori, on the other hand, is still talking about this cameo--if you ask her, Selena Gomez was the main star.


I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and highly recommend it!--even if Bill and I ended up with our yearly gut-rot from having movie popcorn as our dinner and then swearing we will NEVER do that again! A good time was had by all!

4 comments:

Baba HooHoo said...

Nothing like a little gut rot! I'll watch it with them on DBD!

Anonymous said...

You definitely do NOT owe me a refund for the movie with Brendan...I can't even remember which movie we saw as I think I might have been sleeping with my eyes open. -Leslie

Anonymous said...

This advent activity was great!! I love the Muppets as a child (apparently as an adult too) and thought this movie was right up there with the original Muppet movie and the my fav The Great Muppet Caper. I am so glad my children have finally seen how great the Muppets are. I am also never eating movie theater popcorn again! That is until next time we go.--Bill

jenna said...

I cant wait to see the muppet movie. Noah's been asking to see it too.