Pages

Day 18--the home stretch!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Today begins the last week of our Advent activities. I have reached the end of my creativity and the end of my energy level, so I felt a little bit like we were grasping at straws. I had planned out the whole calendar in advance, but there were some occasions where we needed to switch things around. Today was originally "bring a meal to Tim." Tim is our neighbor that I recently was upset with because he sent away the little girl and her mom that he had invited to move in at the beginning of the school year, and didn't allow us to say goodbye. It's a long story, but I wanted to teach the children that we could be forgiving and loving. However, Tim moved out earlier this week. Oh darn. Is it bad that I was relieved--mostly because I didn't feel like making an extra meal? So, instead of thinking of another family that could use a dinner, we swapped it out with a Christmas craft. But, tomorrow's day was going to be a craft too, so I was kind of bummed at my lack of originality. In swoops our friends Dan and Karen to save the day!

Me, April (she's awesome too, but we're going to her house Tues, so maybe I'll share her awesomeness then :) , and Karen--who on top of her other gifts, can take self portraits with a heavy DSLR camera)
This morning Bill got a text from them inviting us, after church, to their house for lunch and the men would watch the football game and the women and kids could visit. Yes! Perfect Advent activity! All of our kids love each other and all of the grown ups love each other--it's a love fest. I knew the kids would love to go there and I could get away with calling it our Advent activity for the day. I love win/win situations :) 

Karen is the person that I want to be when I grow up :) She is the most generous, kind hearted, loving, caring, creative person in the world. She is the kind of person that will drop everything to listen to you and the first person to offer to pray with you. She is an encourager, and always has a positive outlook on every situation. She is the perfect hostess--I have visions of one day being a good hostess instead of the crab I usually am. She planned our Twi-Night and several other parties since I have known her. She leaves no detail forgotten and no guest left out. She is one of the most honest people I have ever met. Ask her anything and she will tell you the truth--which makes her a great person to go to for advice. She is spiritually wise beyond her years! Karen, I love you and am so glad that I get to call you friend!
Karen is super patient with the kids--she showed them all their hamsters
Karen's daughter, Keira, is just as sweet as her mom--Rori loves her!





Liam  loves her boys, Christian and Carter--For once, Liam has his shirt on and someone else doesn't ;) 



4 comments:

Baba HooHoo said...

What a great afternoon, I have been praying that you would be encouraged along with all the encouraging you have been doing! God is good.

April said...

YAY!! What a fun afternoon! Loved every second! and love my friends :)

April said...

oh and forgot- everything you wrote about Karen is 100% true!!!I echo all you statements!!!

Anonymous said...

We had a great time even though the Bears lost. We are very thankful that God lead us to Calvary and to such great friends. Can't wait until New Year's Eve!--Bill