Pages

Day 20

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I have been looking forward to today because it was also an Advent Activity for me! We got to go to our friends' house. They are dear friends that we met when we started going to our current church and we've been in small group together. Unfortunately they live about 30 minutes away from us. We used to be able to get together more frequently, but now that the kids are in school, it's  hard to get all the kids together (us moms still manage to find time, thank goodness) We had today's playdate on the calendar for probably 6 weeks! I was extra excited because I also got to see my friend, Beth--read the end of the post to find out why there are no pictures of the adults.
We were really excited to see my friend, Beth's, kids there as well--Brody, Liam, and Micah!

Anyway, Rori was especially excited because the house we were going to was Rachel's! Rachel was her very first friend ever. When we went to Calvary the first time, several of the parents we met had children the same ages as us, however, the ones Rori's age were boys, except Rachel. This is not to say that Rori "settled" with Rachel. Rachel is a very sweet spirit who loves Rori as well. All of April's kids are wonderful, sweet, kids who clearly love Jesus and aren't afraid to share Him. And I know they get a lot of their wonderful qualities from their mom (their dad is pretty cool too, but this isn't about him). She is a wonderful mom that is passionate about her children.
Sweet friends!

I love April. She is one of those special friends that you want to hold onto forever. She is one of those friends that empathizes with those she loves. She will cry with you at the drop of a hat--her compassion knows no limits :) She would drop everything for a friend in need--I have seen it first hand. She is open and honest about her feelings. There is no question that is "too personal." I know, I've asked. She is the kind of friend that you can have belly laughs with, but also share the depths of your soul. She is one of those people that you know exactly who they are and where they stand. And I really feel like she knows who I am--deep down. She's knows I'm crazy, needy, in constant disarray, but she loves me in spite of those things. I'm so happy that I have an April in my life--and I have managed to finagle my way into other parts of her life so that church isn't the only common ground that we have. I am currently working on some sort of arranged marriage between our children--I don't care which set--so that we will be related. This way, she can never escape me :) There is no picture of April and I--you can check my post about Karen if you want to see her. The reason is because while she looked lovely and even had make-up on, I on the other hand have a lovely red pimple on my chin and this is my blog, so I get to choose :) It's good to be in charge.
I'm sorry, Maya! This is the only picture I got of you!

Brendan is showing Claire he would make a good husband someday!

Claire! We love her!

3 comments:

April said...

thanks for making me cry!! You are too sweet to me!!! And I so feel that same about you my wonderful friend!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO

Anonymous said...

The Bodmers are great! This despite the fact that Nat is a seahawks fan and wants to look like Fergie with his metrosexual hats!!--Bill

Baba HooHoo said...

What a great advent activity! Only 4 more days and I'm so proud of you and your tenaciousness...is that a word and did I use it in the correct way...I think not. nor is it spelled properly...Love, Mom